Ming Great Wall fortress. Named due to location on main river, according to <Fangyu Minutes> “Hefangkou pass is in the second pass of Yuanniankou east, north of the county. Outside of it is Lianyuanzhan, and to the north is Shalinger. The fortress is narrow and can impede horses. It is easy to defend.” Also according to <Jiajing Jizhou records> “It is 8 li from the northeast to Dashuiyu, and 10 li from southwest to Shentangyu. The mouth of the water is tens of zhang. Ten horses can stand abreast. Both outside and inside are wide.” <Three towns’ border general minutes> records “Hefangkou goes to big rivers. The mouth of the river and the middle of two mountains in the east and west are open and can be passed.” Hefangkou’s tianbei records show that during Ming Muzong Longqing (1567-1572), three official guards were once sent to defend it. This pass was also the fortress toward Fengning Dage Town in Qing Dynasty. The southern side of the pass is Hefangkou village and there was a castle in the village on the eastern bank of the river. The pass was built in Yongle year. In the Ming Dynasty, it belonged to the jurisdiction of ****anlu, Ji town. The southern door was open and there were three characters “He Fang Kou” above the door. The Great Wall near the castle and pass was detached from 1953 through 1963. The castle’s inscribed board still exists. In the beginning of September, 1933, Ji Hongchang and Fang Zhenwu led anti-Japanese allies to the south through Dushikou and advanced southward separately through Hefangkou, Yuanniankou and Dashuiyu. On September 20, Fang’s army entered into Huairou. On 23rd, Ji and Fang met together in Huairou. From 1939 through 1943 the Huaifeng Road was built.